Friday 18 January 2013

Master of The House, Keeper of The Inn.


My friends, this week my life was changed. I figured out exactly what kind of person I want to be when I grow up, The kind of work I want to do, where I want to be. 
To sum it all up, this week I saw Les Miserables.

In this weeks Parsha, Not only did the Jews book Egypt with bread baking on their backs,  but they left in the middle of the day showing no signs of worry as they paraded right through the middle of  town. 

 We are told that only one of five Jews left Egypt, whereas the rest died during the plague of darkness. 
The Rabbanim (Rabbaim is the grown up word for a lot of rabbis) tells us that jews died only in the plague of darkness so it wouldn't be a chillul hashem (a desicration of gods name.) 
according to this, In a certain sense, if that many Jews actually died in the plague of darkness it would be even more severe than the plague of the first born of the Egyptians, millions and millions of Jews we are talking about here.
Here is a mind blowing question...
Would the Egyptians not realize that millions of Jews died when the darkness went away? What is the point of them dying in the plague of darkness?

Watching JON V'JON's life completely change from the impact of the priests kindness was a throw back for me, here you have a slave who has every excuse in the world who became a great man that impacted and saved thousands of lives. A theme that I derived from the movie was the empowerment of kindness, how one good deed leads to the next). JOV V'JON ended up breaking free from the 'enslavement' of the past, saving thousands of lives.

There is a fascinating explanation my Rabbi from high school once told me. When you make a decision for either right or wrong you think you are not only affecting yourself or the people around you at that time, you are affecting your future generations. In fact millions if Jews did not die in Egypt at all, it was only a handful... but out of that handful millions would have came.

We are so powerful, JON V'JON changed the lives of thousands who were living, Imagine the tally of their children and children's children.
 You have the choice, we all have free will... What will your family look like in 70 years from now?


Dedicated to Devorah Miram Fishman. Good shabbos Chloe i love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment